One of the greatest ways to get involved with the 2016 PMI-SAC Professional Development Conference is to contribute your time at the event as a volunteer. An event of this size requires a large group of motivated and enthusiastic individuals to assist with a variety of on-site roles. If you have a project management background or are interested in learning more about this dynamic profession, we would be happy to have you join our team to support this event
There are many benefits to volunteering at the 2016 PMI-SAC Professional Development Conference. As a volunteer, you will donate one day of volunteer service, and in exchange will receive:
- Meals at the conference while working as a volunteer
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Great networking opportunities
- The opportunity to earn PDUs
- Free attendance at conference sessions and keynotes for the day you are not volunteering (alternate day)
As a volunteer your responsibilities will be:
- Keynote & session room setup
- Formal introduction for the speaker, as well as complete the session closing remarks
- Facilitating any special session requirements
- Assisting session attendee
- Ensuring sessions start and end on time
- Addressing any room or overflow issues
- Session room teardown
We require volunteers to commit to a full day (6:30 AM – 5:00 PM) during the conference. All volunteer positions will be posted in the PMI Volunteer Resource Management System – VRMS (http://vrms.pmi.org/). We encourage you to watch for the postings and submit your applications once the positions are open for applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview directly by one of our PDC Volunteer Committee members.
Due to the overwhelming response we receive from volunteers, we regret that we cannot guarantee that all applicants will be assigned a volunteer role.
Volunteers must be available for a volunteer training session at WinSport (date to be confirmed). At that time, volunteers will be assigned roles, review responsibilities, and have any questions answered.
If you have further inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.