PMI-SAC supports the ongoing professional development of certified Project Management credential holders and the maintenance of their PMI certification through our Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program. PMI has changed the PDU reporting requirements effective December 1, 2015. To read more about the CCR program and changes, visit the PMI website.
What is a Professional Development Unit (PDU)?
The PDU is the measuring unit used to qualify approved learning and professional services activities. These activities must be related to project management topics that are substantially consistent with the knowledge areas and processes as outlined by A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and involve appropriate expert resources.
Typically, one PDU is earned for every one hour spent in a planned, structured learning experience or activity. Fractions of PDUs may be reported in 0.25 increments following one full hour.
Submitting & Calculating PDUs
PMI Southern Alberta Chapter has received full approval for the PDU applications for all of the sessions from the 2016 Professional Development Conference. Please click here to refer to the PDU table for a complete list of sessions, associated Talent Triangle category, PDU breakdown, along with dates and times of each session.
Please note that you should only be claiming PDUs on the sessions that you registered for and attended. In case of an audit, PMI-SAC can only provide proof of your attendance based on the official registration record on your file, including any edits you made during the event.
- Log on to myPMI
- On your myPMI page under the Certification Status, click on Report PDUs
- From the left menu bar, click on Search Activities
- Type in “PDC2016” and include the date range November 22 and November 23, then click Search
- It should return 39 results. Please refer to this table for a complete list of activities and its associated codes
- Browse through the results and select the registered session you would like to claim PDUs for
- Once selected, click Report PDU for this activity
- Fill in the dates (it will either be November 22 or November 23 as per the reference table)
- Review and make sure everything is correct (Please note that all the sessions have been pre-determined with the PDU category you are able to claim – you do not need to change it)
- Click I agree this claim is accurate
- Click Submit
- Repeat the above steps to claim the rest of your sessions.
If you have any questions or issues with claiming your PDUs, please contact VP Professional Development at email@example.com