PMI-SAC supports the ongoing professional development of certified Project Management credential holders and the maintenance of their PMI certification through our Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program. Once again, a major focus for programming will be developed around the new PMI Talent Triangle.
If you hold a PMI credential (CAPM/PMP/PgMP/PMI-SP/PMI-RMP/
What is a Professional Development Unit (PDU)?
The PDU is the measuring unit used to qualify approved learning and professional services activities. These activities must be related to project management topics that are substantially consistent with the knowledge areas and processes as outlined by A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and involve appropriate expert resources.
Typically, one PDU is earned for every one hour spent in a planned, structured learning experience or activity. Fractions of PDUs may be reported in 0.25 increments following one full hour.
Claiming PDUs from the 2017 PDC
The PMI Southern Alberta Chapter has received full approval for all PDU applications for the sessions from the 2017 Conference. Please refer to the PDU table for a complete list of sessions, associated Talent Triangle category, PDU breakdown, along with dates and times of each session.
Please note that you should only be claiming PDUs for the sessions that you registered for and attended. In case of an audit, PMI-SAC can only provide proof of your attendance based on the official registration record on your file, including any edits you made during the event.
- Log on to www.pmi.org with your PMI ID and password.
- On your “myPMI” page under the Certification Status, click on “Report PDUs on CCRS”.
- From the left menu bar, click on “Search Activities”.
- Type in “PDC2017” and click “Search”.
- It should return 44 results. These are all activities for the 2017 PDC where you can claim PDUs from – refer to this search result and PDU table for a complete list of activities and its associated codes.
- Browse through the result and select the registered session you would like to claim PDUs for.
- Once selected, click “Report PDU for this activity”.
- Fill in the dates (it will either be November 21 or November 22).
- Review and make sure everything is correct. (Please note that all the sessions have been pre-determined with the PDU category you are able to claim – you do not need to change it).
- Click “I agree this claim is accurate”.
- Click “Submit”.
- Repeat the above steps to claim the rest of your sessions.
- Please note that you can claim 1 PDU only if you participate in the entire Networking Trivia during the Networking Reception on November 21.